Rowton Castle is owned and managed by Sierraville Ltd (we), and is an exclusive use wedding and events venue, hotel & restaurant. We care about our products, services and customers, and understand that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is shared and used online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.rowtoncastle.com and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
The policy exists to follow good practice, protect the rights of customers, being open about how we process and store data, and to protect against data breaches.
Information About Us
Our site is owned and operated by Sierraville Ltd, a company registered in England under company number 02600110, whose registered address is Rowton Castle, Halfway House, Shrewsbury, SY5 9EP.
Our VAT number is 614 2793 44
Our Data Manager is Mr Bryan Cherrington, who can be contacted via our contact us form on the website, or via telephone on 01743 884044.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What are Your Rights?
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data
- The right to information about the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request we delete all personal data we hold about you (except where we are legally obliged to retain it). Upon this request, you will be “forgotten”
- The right for you to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending on your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Address and post code
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating System
- A list of URL’s, starting with the referring site, your activity on the site, and the page you exit from
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. for answering an enquiry or by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Responding to your enquiry
- Supplying our products and services to you
- Sending literature regarding your enquiry via email or post
- Replying to emails from you and contacting you via telephone when appropriate
- Confirming your appointments with us via text message and telephone
- Supplying you with marketing emails that you have opted in to receive from ourselves
- Analysing your use of the site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and the user experience
- Internal record keeping and to comply with any legal obligations
- We will never send you unsolicited marketing or spam, and you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send or by contacting us via [email protected]
Our Commitment To You
- As of 25th May 2018, if you have not ticked a box to positively “opt in” to receiving marketing communication from us, you will be deleted from our marketing list
- If you positively tick a box to “opt in”, we will ensure that the option to “opt out” or “unsubscribe” is detailed in any marketing email from us. “Opting Out” can also be requested by emailing [email protected] or calling 01743 884044 and speaking with Ceri Davies, our Sales & Marketing Manager
- Should you notify us that your personal data is inaccurate, please notify us via email at [email protected], and we will make the appropriate amendments
- Should we realise your personal data is incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to contact you to correct, if this is not successful, we will delete your data, unless we are required to retain it for legal reasons
- Should you require access to the data or wish to object to the processing of your data, please email [email protected]
- Any requests will be considered as soon as we can, but no later than 28 days after the initial request
- We will conduct ongoing staff training to ensure correct usage and storage of data, now and in the future
- We will review our Data Protection Policy on an ongoing basis to ensure it remains relevant
- We will restrict access to your data by ensuring it is always kept secure and password protected, with restricted access to paper records
Do We Share Your Data?
- We will never share your data for third party marketing
- Our website is developed and hosted by Gloversure, who store basic server access logs for debugging, security and service review (never for marketing purposes)
- Our booking module is hosted by Guestline, who store information via their Rezlynx platform. Your personal data is held by them purely for the purpose of administering your booking with us (never for marketing purposes)
- We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area ("the EEA") (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where we transfer any personal data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR including:
- Secure Trading – Online Secure Payment Experts
- Mailchimp – Email Marketing Platform
- Google Analytics – Analyse trends and website usage
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority
If you have any questions regarding how your data is stored, or wish for us to remove or correct your data, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
This website contains “cookies”, which are used to optimise the efficiency of the Site for the user. A cookie is a small text file that contains information and is stored on a user’s computer when the user visits a website. There are two types of cookies. One of these, known as a “persistent cookie”, is permanent and is stored on the user’s computer even after you has left the website in question and closed the web browser. The other is temporary, a so-called ”session cookie”, and is stored on the user’s computer during the Internet session. When the web browser is closed, the session cookie disappears from the user’s computer. This Site uses both persistent and session cookies.
Third party cookies that are placed on your computer or device are:
Google (To ensure security, identify users and improved user experience across devices) 1p_JAR, AID, APISID, HSID, NID, SAPISID, SID, SIDCC, SSID
Google Analytics (How visitors use our site, compile reports to help us improve the user experience. Information is in an anonymous form) _ga, _gid, gwcc
Live Chat inc. (To enable Live Chat to operate correctly for users) _lc_vv, _livechat, _livechat_lastvisit, main_window_timestamp, message_text, recent_window, notificationstatus_ping, 3rdparty, lc_ssoundefined, lc_window_state, _lc.visitor_id.8955709, autoinvite_callback
Cloudfare (To identify trusted website traffic) _efduid