Getting married to the love of your life fills us all with such excitement and anticipation, and every bride wants to feel like a fairytale princess on her wedding day, so what better way to fulfil those dreams than by having her wedding held in a beautiful castle?
For any bride and groom looking for that fairytale castle wedding venue, our 17th Century Castle, nestled in the beautiful Shropshire countryside, offers perfection and affordable luxury to make your wedding day the most wonderful, enchanting occasion bound to bring back cherished memories throughout the years.
Couples are able to book exclusive use of the castle for your special day, having use of the whole castle and its facilities from midday up until breakfast the following day. This includes an overnight stay in the spectacular Bridal Suite and exclusive use of the castle's 18, beautiful en-suite bedrooms for your guests.
To help take the stress out of your arrangements here is a simple Wedding Checklist.
- Once the venue is booked and you have arranged the date and time with a minister or registrar, you will then need to give notice at your local registry office.
- Prepare a draft guest list, a wonderful way to inform your guests is to send out 'Save the date' cards. Save the date cards are a fun, yet useful way of informing your guests that you want them to be a part of your special day and to keep your chosen date free.
- Make your decision about Best Man and Bridesmaids and discuss colour schemes for your wedding.
- Choose your wedding gown, Bridesmaid's dresses and suits or tuxedos for the Groom and Best Man.
- Consider the menu for your big day – here at Rowton Castle we can offer you a stress free option of selecting our Fixed Price All Inclusive Wedding Package, which includes not only your meal, evening food and drinks, but a photographer, evening DJ, top table Floral Arrangement, chair covers and Master of Ceremonies. Take a look at our 'Fixed Price' All Inclusive Wedding Package on our Weddings page.
- Select your bouquet, button-holes and any bridesmaid's flowers and book with your florist.
- Order your Wedding Cake, make a wedding gift list and start looking for accessories such as shoes, veil, tiara, jewellery, etc;
- Order your invitations, book honeymoon, consider the choice of music for your big day and that all important first dance. Send out invitations.
- Discuss your vows with your minister or registrar and confirm all ceremony details.
- Agree and confirm any reception formalities and timings - to include wedding day schedule, speeches and cake cutting.
- Ensure Groom, Bride's Father and Best Man have their speeches ready and any gifts for the Bridesmaid's are purchased.
- Check that the wedding bouquet, buttonholes and corsages have arrived and check best man has rings, copies of speeches, vows, readings and any messages.
Remember when your big day finally arrives, take some time to relax, pamper yourself and try to not allow your nerves to get the better of you. This is your day and to be able to enjoy it, you need to stay calm. Recognise that the stress you're experiencing is simply the by-product of your determination to realise your dream then congratulate yourself with an early celebratory toast.
Although your wedding day seems all-consuming in the planning stage, when you look back on it in the years to come, you will remember it as the magnificent celebration that started your married life. Your wedding day is just the beginning of your relationship, and there will be many other significant memories to be made as you journey through life as husband and wife.
Here at Rowton Castle, we have years of experience of hosting spectacular weddings and have been previously nominated for "Wedding Venue of the Year" in the National Wedding Awards. The photographic opportunities of your dream castle wedding are stunning, with not only the backdrop of a beautiful 17th century castle, but also, beautiful gardens, hidden pools and a pretty woodland walk.
Browse our main page and take a look at our 'Guestbook' to read reviews from some of our numerous, satisfied Wedding Day customers, browse through our photo gallery, request a brochure, or call us to discuss your requirements. Let us use our wedding expertise to help you celebrate your special day by working with you to create a truly wonderful ceremony, memorable reception and the fairy-tale experience that can only be achieved with a beautiful wedding at a magnificent castle.